People in Nottinghamshire are being asked to share photographs of their favourite views for a competition.
McCarthy and Stone, the leading manager and developer of retirement communities, which has a forthcoming development in Bulcote village near Burton Joyce – Wisteria Place, is looking to capture some of the architecture and culture that can be found around every corner of the district, so it can be enjoyed by its new residents when they move in during spring 2021.
The competition aims to showcase photographs of scenery, wildlife and landscapes taken by amateur members of the community that encapsulate their favourite views. These might be well known views of the attractive parklands, lakes or of the marina, or, they could be ‘best kept secrets’ or even have a personal meaning to the photographer – McCarthy and Stone want to hear from you and you could be in with a chance of winning £250.
Mayor of Gedling, Councillor Sandra Barnes, will judge the competition.
She comments: “Nottinghamshire has so much to offer and is so photogenic. It’s very difficult to choose a favourite view, but for me personally the view from the viewing platforms at Gedling Country Park is a definite choice.
“I’m looking forward to seeing the entries come in and to choosing a winner!”
The best photographs will be displayed in the new show apartment at Wisteria Place which is due to open in spring 2021.
Apartments are now available for off-plan sales and are already attracting a great deal of interest.
Andrea Shaw, Area Sales Manager for McCarthy and Stone, comments: “We have all been enjoying getting out and about in the local countryside a bit more lately in the lockdown and really taking the time to appreciate what’s on our doorstep. Nottinghamshire has so many stunning views and places to visit, it is important that our new community at Wisteria Place get to discover some of these for themselves, and who better to show them we thought!
“We want the photographs to be displayed pride of place in our new show complex. These will be enjoyed for years to come by our residents and customers at the development.”
Each entrant is permitted to submit a maximum of five photos. These should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Nottinghamshire Photo Contest’ by the closing date of 30th September 2020. In your email you should include your full name and a title for your photograph and where it was taken.
Open to all ages. Under 16s must ask an adult’s permission. Please ask permission of anyone who appears in your photo.
For full details of how to enter and terms and conditions visit:https://www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/nottinghamshire-photo-contest/
Located on Nottingham Road, Wisteria Place in the desirable village setting of Bulcote has been exclusively designed for those aged 60 and over and will compromise a selection of one and two-bedroom apartments. An open-plan fitted kitchen with integrated appliances is a key feature in each individual property, and selected apartments also have balconies. There will also be a communal lounge for residents to socialise guest suite and landscaped gardens; and a friendly House Manager who will oversee the development day-to-day.
Prices start from £219,950 with flexible rental options also available. For more information call 0800 201 4740, alternatively visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk/wisteria-place.
SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS: File Type should be: jpg, no larger than 3MB and landscape.
IMPORTANT: Before uploading your submission please check that file size and file type complies with the specifications; otherwise your entry could be rejected.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK residents, except employees of McCarthy & Stone, their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this competition.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant. All submitters warrant that they own the photos submitted and they have exclusive copyright.
- Entries submitted posthumously will not be eligible.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is midnight on 30th September 2020.
- To enter the competition, email entries to: email@example.com and include ‘Nottinghamshire Photo Contest’ in the subject header, and also your name and contact details in the email.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate, incomplete or illegible entries.
- Entrants may enter a maximum of five photos in total and may only enter once.
- Entry into the competition is conditional upon the entrant having obtained all appropriate consents and a breach of this condition will result in the particular entrant being disqualified from the competition.
- By entering into the competition, the entrant automatically grants McCarthy & Stone with an unrestricted, non-exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use any photograph submitted to the competition for any purpose in which McCarthy and Stone deem appropriate for their own business purposes. Photographers will receive credit with each use.
- This competition will be judged by representatives from McCarthy & Stone alongside Daniel Johnson, Director of Johnson & Partners Estate Agents and Mayor of Gedling, Sandra Barnes, in an independent and fair manner. The judges’ decision is final, and no individual correspondence shall be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the panel of judges without notice and not to award prizes if, in the opinion of the judges, such action is justified.
- Entering the competition implies acceptance of all the above rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification. McCarthy & Stone reserve the right to withdraw this competition as a result of unforeseen circumstances arising.
- There is one prize of £250 for 1st place.
- The prize winner will be notified by 20th October 2020 and invited to a winners’ reception and photo shoot at a later date at Wisteria Place. We will notify the winners by email and telephone. If the winners cannot be contacted within one-week McCarthy & Stone reserve the right to choose an alternative winner.
- Winners agree to take part in non-paid publicity following their photography being chosen (including photography if required), relating to the competition.
- The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition unless the entrant has expressly opted in to receiving future marketing communications from McCarthy & Stone via the entry form.
Promoter: McCarthy & Stone plc, 4th Floor, 100 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8AQ. References to “McCarthy & Stone” in the Terms and Conditions includes any and all companies within the McCarthy & Stone Group of Companies.