Iconic American bus supporting the nation’s post-pandemic recovery, will help combat mental health issues experienced during the pandemic.
In July 2021, The Heart Movement (Community Interest Company) is set to visit The Roar Movement, Killsick Junior School, The Pythian Club, Heathfield Community Centre and Arnold Methodist Church next month as part of its national tour. The iconic American bus will provide an open-access, free to visit, community space and mobile workshop, creating a safe space for those who have been impacted by the pandemic. Every person who visits the bus will have the opportunity to walk away with practical wellbeing tools that will underpin the rest of their lives.
The Heart Bus will enable people to connect with others, experience the benefits of mindfulness and listening spaces and learn more about the technology of heart intelligence.
Confirmed dates and locations include:
- The Roar Movement, Nottingham (11 July)
- Killsick Junior School – Arnold, Nottingham (14 July)
- The Pythian Club, Heathfield Community Centre (15 July)
- Arnold Methodist Church, Arnold (16 July)
- Wollaton Hall (18 July)
Ri Ferrier, Managing Director of Heart Based Living Initiative comments, “We are so excited to bring our Heart Bus to Nottingham and the surrounding areas to help people. Covid-19, the many lockdowns and families being kept apart have impacted the mental health of the nation severely and it’s time to try and put some of that to right again.
“Our experienced mindfulness teachers and a wide variety of wellbeing lessons will hopefully offer support and compassion to as many diverse groups as possible in Nottingham. We hope that our Heart Bus will spread calm, connection and wellbeing throughout the country, on the greatest and most heartfelt road trip ever attempted.”
Those visiting the Heart Bus in Nottingham will have the opportunity to attend:
- Mindfulness Taster sessions (20 minutes)
- Mindfulness Workshops (35 minutes)
- Introduction to Listening Space (15 minutes)
- Listening Space workshops (45 minutes)
- Heart Intelligence Practise with biofeedback sensors (20 minutes)
- Signposting to further resources
- Nourishing soup and a selection of teas
- Connections with others
Within these offerings, participants will have the opportunity to learn:
- The science of mindfulness
- Mindfulness activities that can be used in everyday life
- How to bring attention to present moment
- Breathing techniques that activate the parasympathetic nervous system (the rest and digest)
- How to cultivate happiness and positive emotions
- How to build coherent and more consistent heart rhythms
- How to authentically listen to self and other
- The Heart Bus can welcome up to 6 people for indoor workshops and 30 people in their outside space. There will be a QR code track and trace system in place to ensure the tour is operating within the strictest of COVID safety guidelines.
Lindsay Clark, head teacher at Killisick Junior School says: “Our number 1 priority is the wellbeing of our staff, children and families. We firmly believe that if we have happy adults we will have happy children and if our children are happy their potential to learn is without limits. Positive wellbeing is for life! The Heart Bus will be a wonderful part of our successful Wellbeing Curriculum”.