This is the man who left a professional footballer believing he would die, after stabbing him at a house party last year.
The 18-year-old victim was with a group of friends drinking at the party when he was attacked by another guest.
Andrew Marshall (pictured) had been invited to the small gathering in the Arboretum after meeting another guest in the city centre.
The all-night party started full of good spirits, but turned into a crime scene after Marshall picked up a knife and stabbed the teenager with an eight-inch blade.
Party guests saw Marshall picking up the weapon from a knife block from the kitchen worktop and stab the victim multiple times in what appeared to be an unprovoked attack.
The victim tried to fight Marshall off, before fleeing the scene. A friend called for an ambulance and he was rushed to hospital for surgery.
Marshall remained in the kitchen before officers arrived at Forest Road East to detain him.
The footballer suffered injuries to his face and chest and was taken to hospital in an ambulance. A CT scan showed his injuries weren’t life-threatening.
He has since recovered, resumed his career and continued playing.
Marshall, 32, of Oakford Close, Broxtowe Estate, pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to the teenager and was jailed for six years and five months at Nottingham Crown Court on Monday, June 7.
Detective Constable Rebecca Brosgarth of Nottinghamshire Police led the investigation.
You’ll find the best crime stories in our daily email updates
The best way to stay up to date on crime stories across the county is to subscribe to the Nottinghamshire Live newsletter.
Our daily email updates are filled with our biggest stories hand-picked by news editors.
It’s totally free and thousands are signed up already.
To subscribe just head over to this page or enter your email into the black box at the top of this story.
She said: “The victim was very fortunate as the knife narrowly missed his internal organs.
“The victim felt very lucky to be alive following the incident, he was really scared after the attack and told us he thought he going to die.
“He has since resumed his career and has continued to play football.
“This was an unprovoked frenzied attack and Marshall informed guests that he was feeling paranoid and intimated in the surroundings.
“Police received a number of calls from neighbours that night who had heard the commotion and were able to detain Marshall quickly.
“This was a vicious attack which could easily have resulted in far more serious injuries.
“I am pleased that Marshall has received a custodial sentence for this violence and hope it brings some sense of closure for the victim which now allows him to move on with his life.
“The force takes reports of knife crime extremely seriously and we acted quickly to make an arrest in connection with this incident.
“Violence of this kind is unacceptable and I’d like to reassure people that we remain committed to driving down knife crime even further in our communities.
“We will continue to work tirelessly to remove dangerous weapons off our streets and take robust action against anyone believed to be involved in violent crime.”