Festive fundraising events in aid of Nottingham Hospitals
People across Nottinghamshire are being encouraged to support their local NHS this winter, by taking part in a variety of virtual festive fundraising events.
Nottingham Hospitals Charity has launched its ‘Festive Fundraising – All Wrapped Up’ campaign, to support patients and staff at Nottingham Hospitals throughout the festive period.
Participants can choose from a whole range of festive events, from a virtual festive quiz night to a Christmas jumper day. People can take part on their own, with the rest of their household, or virtually with family, friends or colleagues. Money raised will benefit patients and staff at the City Hospital and Queen’s Medical Centre.
The events include:
- ‘Noel-It-All’ festive quiz night – a virtual festive quiz which takes place via Zoom at 7pm on Wednesday 25th November
- Christmas Jumper Day – wear your best festive jumper on Friday 11th December and get friends, family or colleagues to join in
- Lights to Celebrate – dedicate a light on the Christmas trees at City Hospital or Queen’s Medical Centre, and join our special online remembrance evening on Thursday 10th December
- Giving Tuesday – join the international day of giving on Tuesday 1st December and support your local hospitals
- Mince Pies and Mulled Wine Night – host your own virtual event on the day of your choice
Along with our Christmas Tree Recycling scheme, Grant a Christmas Wish, Personalised Letter from Santa, Tik Tok Dance and Virtual Bucket Collection.
Louise Knight, Head of Fundraising at Nottingham Hospitals Charity, said: “Care carries on at our hospitals throughout the Christmas period, for our most vulnerable and lonely patients, whether young or old. But COVID has made it even harder, and this Christmas we are asking the people of Nottingham to come together to support their local NHS through this challenging time.”
For a full list of festive fundraising events or to sign up, please visit www.nottinghamhospitalscharity.org.uk/events